God blessed Intercessors For Africa with land in Yatta plateau at a place called Kithimani in Machakos County in Kenya. The leadership plans to build the Intercessors for Africa Secretariat in the future after it has raised enough funds for the project. In the meantime, there is a mini project called the Goshen Farm project that took off in the land.
Goshen Farm project is a project that seeks to make that land productive and profitable so that it can be able to sustain itself as well as other IFA office projects, activities and annual AHOP Conferences
Goshen Farm is based on the sound principles of conserving natural resources, limiting the carbon footprint, growing, hiring and eating organically reared, grown and prepared foods, and making the world a better place to live in.
Goshen Farm targets to meet the growing needs of a community that shares these same views and is concerned about what they eat and feed their children.
Our future plan is to use this farm to hold agricultural demonstration activities, train and mobilize farmers in organic farming.
Goshen Farm Project has simple objectives:
- To develop the land
- Make it productive
- Make it profitable so that it can pay the workers and have surplus to
- Provide healthy and delicious tasting eggs, meats and vegetables while simultaneously leaving a minimal carbon footprint.
- Raise funds to help support the IFA secretariat and the annual Africa House of Prayer Conferences
- Eventually raise money to build up IFA secretariat
To produce organically the best tasting and finest quality farm produce. Goshen Farm uses only natural and sustainable farming methods, free from pesticides or chemical fertilizers. Natural foods and natural farming methods leaves a smaller carbon footprint while simultaneously improves the health of its customers and preserves the land.
- Honey bees Project – we have several bee hives.
- Chicken Rearing Project – Has already begun with the aim of rearing organic chicken for meat and eggs.
- Banana Plantation – We have about 1250 stems of bananas.
- Goats and sheep- We received few goats and sheep as a donation which we have kept for multiplication and eventual sale
- Bulls for beef – we have plans to buy bulls, fatten them and sell at a profit.
- Fish Farming – we plan to do so too
- Supporting the projects – We appeal to well wishers who are able to financially support the projects to do so. Donate cash or sponsor one of our projects above.
- Professional and volunteer help – We need expertise advice on the various started projects. You may not be able to finance but may be an expert in different fields that could help in the development of both the land and farm project