In 1976 a few friends with a heartfelt burden for the continent of Africa started talking to God about this continent. They asked Him for help, counsel, guidance and enlightenment so that solutions might be found for the many problems in Africa. God responded in stating His purposes for Africa, giving prophesies, promises and instructions. Thus a House of Prayer was born… In the years to follow it expanded continentally and in 1985 The Africa House of Prayer was registered under the official name of Intercessors for Africa. Its headquarters at present is in Nairobi, Kenya.
Prayer points – Sam 23:1 – 4
- Pray for leaders who listen to what God says about people and their nation
- Ask God to deliver Africa from those who only delight in positions, titles and material acquisition.
- Pray for leaders who see themselves as representatives of the LORD of hosts
- Ask God for leaders who are jealous for the name of the LORD (whose concerns are more of God’s concerns and not their selfish interests).
- Pray for leaders who are ready like David to lay down their anointing and crown for their nations.
Verse of the week ~
“Now these are the last words of David. Thus says David the son of Jesse; Thus says the man raised up on high, The anointed of the God of Jacob,
And the sweet psalmist of Israel: “The Spirit of the Lord spoke by me, And His word was on my tongue. The God of Israel said, The Rock of Israel spoke to me: ‘He who rules over men must be just, Ruling in the fear of God.”
Sam 23:1 – 4